fudg(s)icle

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sat Jul 12 17:53:39 UTC 2003

At 11:52 PM -0700 7/11/03, vida morkunas wrote:
>a Canadian view:
>
>we said fudge-sickle in Montreal, I hear fudge-ickle here in Vancouver
>
>cheers --
>
>Vida.
>vidamorkunas at telus.net

It might be a least effort correlate, a la Zipf, for some people.  My
daughter, who enjoys them frequently, calls them fudgicles.  If other
members of my family referred to them, it might be as fudgsicles.
Just a guess; I'm at the institute and my daughter is in
fudg(s)icle-free Nicaragua at the moment, so it's hard to take a poll.

larry