CLEP

Alice Faber faber at HASKINS.YALE.EDU
Thu Jun 5 23:37:53 UTC 2003

I never took Freshman English either. I believe that I was exempted
based on SAT score, perhaps on the Advanced Test (whatever it was
called back then). I still had to take two writing courses, but in
Ithaca in 1970 it wasn't necessary that a writing-intensive course
have anything much to do with English prose. I satisfied the
requirement with a creative writing course and a course in 20th
century French drama, taught in French (with all writing assignments
in French).

Alice Faber                                             faber at haskins.yale.edu
Haskins Laboratories                                  tel: (203) 865-6163 x258
New Haven, CT 06511 USA                                     fax (203) 865-8963