on tomorrow

Susan Tamasi stamasi at LINGUO.NET
Wed Jun 11 20:14:38 UTC 2003

Does anyone know of (or say) the phrase "on tomorrow", as in "There will be
football practice on tomorrow" or "The meeting will be on tomorrow."  A
friend who teaches at a predominantly African American high school in
suburban Atlanta says it is used all of the time by students.  I was
wondering about the history of the phrase and whether or not it's
specifically associated with AAVE or the South.  Also, I assume it's
parallel to "on __day", as in "I have to go to the doctor on Friday."
Thanks,
Susan