Trudgill in Vocabula

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Sun Jun 15 21:59:12 UTC 2003

At 4:18 PM -0500 6/15/03, Cohen, Gerald Leonard wrote:
>I haven't yet seen an issue of The Vocabula Review but am willing to
>take a chance.  Would Robert Fiske please send me the latest issue,
>and I'll send him a check of $8.95 for a year's subscription.
>
>    I'm interested both in the present quality of the publication and
>its potential for further development. If at least the potential is
>there, the project is worthy of encouragement.
>
>Gerald Cohen (Professor of German and Russian; editor, Comments on Etymology)
>G-4 Humanities-Social Sciences Building
>University of Missouri-Rolla
>Rolla, MO 65409

The mailing I just received from TVR promises "Free to Professors and
Teachers" with no fine print about which ones, but when you go to the
actual web site, it turns out that it's free to just those professors
and teachers "who require their students (ten or more) to read (and
subscribe to) The Vocabula Review".  A bit misleading, I'd say!

Larry