Trudgill in Vocabula

Mon Jun 16 13:12:37 UTC 2003

No, I do not know of what you speak, for I am not speaking of
clarity, effectiveness, rhetorical and organizational
appropriatenesses at all. But those who find others whose behavior on
such matters as 'who' versus 'whom' (or reference to possessives) to
be utterers of "gibberish" have no business publishing magazines on
"language" other than those which supplement the Rush Limbaugh Show.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston
Professor of Linguistics