Trudgill in Vocabula

Robert Hartwell Fiske Vocabula at AOL.COM
Tue Jun 17 11:28:58 UTC 2003

The copyright to your piece in Vocabula is indeed yours, and you do have the
right to send the article to others. But no one has the right to copy the
piece from my site and email it to others without my permission. I trust you
agree.

Ms Flanigan is apparently in the habit of flouting copyright laws:

"So, if a subscriber to a journal makes a copy and sends it on to someone
else (let's say, by snail mail), that's a copyright infringement?  How about the
millions of people who copy articles from libraries??  I guess I'll have to
tell my students to stop xeroxing from journals!"

I'm not sure that she should be encouraged.

Robert Hartwell Fiske
Editor and Publisher
The Vocabula Review
www.vocabula.com