ADS Website Link to Vocabula Review

Thu Jun 19 14:32:07 UTC 2003

I thank Grant for his prompt attention to this matter.

It was not my intent to advocate removing the link -- any journal that
publishes the work of Peter Trudgill can't be all bad! I just felt that the use of
the word "excellent" was inappropriate -- especially since VOCABULA review
seems to have picked it up as a kind of ADS endorsement of the publication. I feel
strongly that we should not be in the business of ENDORSING anything but our
own publications (unless the ADS Executive Committee so directs the webmeister
to do so).