Trudgill in Vocabula

Mark A Mandel mam at THEWORLD.COM
Sat Jun 21 00:36:41 UTC 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Dennis R. Preston wrote:

#No, I do not know of what you speak, for I am not speaking of
#clarity, effectiveness, rhetorical and organizational
#appropriatenesses at all. But those who find others whose behavior on
#such matters as 'who' versus 'whom' (or reference to possessives) to
#be utterers of "gibberish" have no business publishing magazines on
#"language" other than those which supplement the Rush Limbaugh Show.

I am late in catching up with my mail to this account, and probably
somebody else has already said what I'm about to say:

Please, water on the flames, not oil!!!

-- Mark A. Mandel