sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Sat Jun 21 18:42:35 UTC 2003

I can't remember hearing "bubbler" used for /fountain/ in any of the places
I've lived (Midwest, Pac. NW, Bay Area, Sta. Barbara, SW Ohio, No. NY), but
it sounds like a good descriptive term for the type of drinking fountain
(low, vertical stream falling back on itself) that was replaced -- for
sanitary reason, we were told -- by the type that produces an arcing
stream, in all the public schools when I was a kid.
A. Murie

More information about the Ads-l mailing list