Query about the "quick pitch"

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Sat Jun 21 23:59:25 UTC 2003

My thanks to Dave Wilton for his reply. Also, I just noticed a 1913
item which clearly shows that the quick pitch was still permitted in
that year:
_San Francisco Bulletin_, March 10, 1913, p.17/2-3; col. 3:  "Big Ed
Walsh Performs...": "[Chicago White Sox player] Lord had walked, but
not before the Seal novice had slipped a second strike over on him
while the Chicago captain was mooning."---("mooning" = daydreaming)

Gerald Cohen