James Smith jsmithjamessmith at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jun 23 13:23:17 UTC 2003

In at least parts of the West, "bubbler" is the name
for covered or semi-covered structures built into the
ground to trap and hold rainfall and runoff, so as to
provide water for wildlife - "drinking fountains" for
wildlife.  These bubblers certainly don't bubble (nor
are they fountains), they are totally passive, and I
have wondered about the name.  I surmise the name for
the animal version originated with someone who used
"bubbler" for "drinking fountain".

James D. SMITH                 |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                  |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com     |whether we act quickly and decisively
                               |or slowly and cautiously.

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! DSL - Now only $29.95 per month!

More information about the Ads-l mailing list