News "Anchor Man" (April 1950)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 26 15:55:20 UTC 2003

  Color's Pretty, But Not Yet Ripe; 'Capitol Cloakroom' Has a Birthday; By Sonia Stein; The Washington Post (1877-1954), Washington, D.C.; Apr 2, 1950; pg. L1, 2 pgs
Pg. L2:
   Producer Lewis Schollenberger...  (CBS--ed.)
   "We let them dodger them any way they can, and since a good part of a Congressman's trade is knowing how to deflect questions they are pretty successful," according to Griffing Bancroft, anchor man on the team of newsmen who handle the show.

(I'd write a letter to the NEW YORK TIMES, but they don't print corrections...A harassment law suit involving a gay anchorman and a gay tv news producer made the front page of today's NEW YORK POST (www.nypost.com)--ed.)