Duck/Duct tape trademarks

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 2 13:21:31 UTC 2003

For whatever it's worth here are some trademarks...After a friend's letter
generated no response, I wrote to the NEW YORK TIMES Correction Department
with my "Lady Baltimore Cake" antedate.  There's still been no response.
I've been going through this with the TIMES for 12 years now, ever since
Gerald Cohen and I solved "the Big Apple" and the TIMES ignored it, then got
it wrong, then ignored that.  It seems like you never win, arguing these
quack etymologies.

Word Mark   THE "ORIGINAL DUCK" TAPE

Goods and Services  (CANCELLED) IC 017. US 005. G & S: Duct Tape-Namely,
Elongated Tape Having a Pressure Sensitive Adhesive on One Side. FIRST USE:
19801115. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19801115
Mark Drawing Code   (3) DESIGN PLUS WORDS, LETTERS, AND/OR NUMBERS
Design Search Code  031506 031524 240501 260108 260117
Serial Number   73293774
Filing Date January 21, 1981
Published for Opposition    September 28, 1982
Registration Number 1223445
Registration Date   January 11, 1983
Owner   (REGISTRANT) Manco Tape, Inc. CORPORATION OHIO 2040 W. 110 St.
Cleveland OHIO 44101
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record  Meyer, Tilberry & Body
Disclaimer  Applicant disclaims the word "Tape" apart from the mark as shown.

Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator DEAD
Cancellation Date   August 11, 1989

---------------------

Typed DrawingWord Mark  PERMACEL

Goods and Services  IC 017. US 005. G & S: Pressure-Sensitive Adhesive Tapes.
FIRST USE: 19320607. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19320607
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   71438986
Filing Date December 18, 1940
Registration Number 0388238
Registration Date   June 17, 1941
Owner   (REGISTRANT) Industrial Tape Corporation CORPORATION NEW JERSEY
Hamilton Street New Brunswick NEW JERSEY(LAST LISTED OWNER) PERMACEL
CORPORATION BY ASSIGNMENT NEW JERSEY UNITED STATES HIGHWAY NO.1 NEW BRUNSWICK
NEW JERSEY 08903

Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record  LANNING G BRYER
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL
Affidavit Text  SECT 12C. SECT 15. SECT 8 (6-YR). SECTION 8(10-YR) 20010905.

Renewal 3RD RENEWAL 20010905
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE