who will pick up the gauntlet?

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Sun Mar 2 18:15:27 UTC 2003

> The 1940s cloth "duck" tape that Safire refers to is not
> adhesive. It's still in use in the Army, only we called
> it "engineer's tape" when I served in the 1980s.

Looking at Barry's trademark info, it seems that I was wrong in stating the
above. The stuff created in the 1940s by J&J's Permacel division was indeed
adhesive and is not the same stuff as "engineer's tape."

I am still certain, however, that the "duck tape" in the venetian blind ad
is not adhesive and is simply duck cloth.