who will pick up the gauntlet?

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Thu Mar 6 04:22:14 UTC 2003

> I served in the early 60s, and everyone I knew had a roll of
> engineering tape they had stolen from supply. It was very
> adhesive, dark green with a gloss surface, in a roll the
> same size as duct tape.

This was different stuff from the engineer's tape that I knew, which was
usually white (it did come in other colors, but white was the standard) and
was non-adhesive. The green duct tape was known in the 80s as
"hundred-mile-an-hour tape," allegedly because you could fasten things down
and it would hold at speeds 100 mph.