OT: Regis co-host search (It was disaster!)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 6 17:17:36 UTC 2003

  The thing was scheduled for 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.  It was cold and the
weather conditions were awful, so I didn't want to get there before 6 a.m.  I
got there about 7 a.m., prepared to wait 5-6 hours.  I was number 571.
   I carried with me a copy of the latest DICTIONARY OF AMERICAN REGIONAL
ENGLISH, a copy of the BANANA SCULPTOR book, and a replica of the "Big Apple
Corner" street sign on his friend Letterman's block.
   The crowd was young actress-types; the woman behind me came all the way
from Florida.  It was raining.  It was sleeting.  It was snowing.  You
wouldn't want to be outside for five minutes.  I was out there for five
hours.
   When I finally got to near the front door, they said they weren't taking
any more people.
   They couldn't handle five hundred people?  I've done about that many
parking tickets in one day all by myself; they weren't prepared for the job
everyone should have expected?
   We were given information sheets, which we had to fill out while frozen.
A woman collected the sheets and said that they might look at them, or they
might not.  Whatever they feel like doing.  Thanks for coming!  Goodbye!
   Thanks a million, Regis!

Barry "Maybe Palestinian terrorists could kill me?" Popik