Vidalia Onion

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Mar 9 04:41:20 UTC 2003

   The 26th Annual Vidalia Onion Festival takes place in Vidalia, Georgia next month.  The city's web site explains the history of the Vidalia onion (not chronicled in THE ONION):

http://www.vidaliaga.com/history.htm
http://www.vidaliaga.com/

   What does DARE have?
   OED has 1969, and the online NEW YORK TIMES has the late 1970s.  Unfortunately, I don't have the ATLANTA JOURNAL AND CONSTITUTION online, nor am I within walking distance of a Georgia library.
   The Georgia PINES library catalog is not downloading now.  Give me a few days, but someone out there might know their onions.