"Little" xxxx. From early R&B to Rap.

Carol Snow casnow at UCLINK4.BERKELEY.EDU
Mon Mar 10 17:10:06 UTC 2003

My neighborhood (1950s SoCal) had a Chicano family with a daughter
called Little Mary - again to distinguish her from her mother, so
though females aren't typically named Junior, the appellation can
refer to mothers and daughters as well.