Jarlsberg cheese-->Yahn Yahnson

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Mar 11 01:20:03 UTC 2003

> I remember a children's rhyme from central NH (Concord area, 70's)
> that went something like "My name is Yahn Yahnson, I live in
> Visconsin, I vurk in dze lumbah mills dzere..."

I used to listen to a recording of that ad nauseam when I was in my early
teens--sung by Carl Sandburg: a fine piece of work that I'd like to find
again. It continues (from the above):

ven I valk down de street, all de peeple I meet say, "Hey--Vat's-a you
name?"...ent I say ""My name is Yahn Yahnson, I live in Visconsin, I vurk
in de lumbah mills dere..."

...thus the ad nauseam.

A rose is a rose.

PR