Re:       Re: "Windy City" wrong in NY TIMES BOOK REVIEW(3-9-03)

Tue Mar 11 16:59:00 UTC 2003

In a message dated 3/11/03 8:46:34 AM, JJJRLandau at AOL.COM writes:

> I for one would rather read Barry Popik's complaints than your half-assed
> political comments.

I'd rather not read ANY "half-assed" utterances, and purely political
comments obvioously don't belong on ADS-L. But at least Barry's complaints
are remotely related to the purpose of ADS-L--and in this case they inspired
a very constructive suggestion from Larry Horn (one that I genuinely hope
that Barry and friends will follow up on). The issue of public imperviousness
to the results of our scholarship is important to our enterprise.