"Uncrustable" PB&J

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Mar 15 14:51:29 UTC 2003

   From the NEW YORK POST, 14 March 2003, pg. 36:

_Bloomberg flips a bird_
_Mayor's media co. rewarding reporters with pink flamingos_
 (...)
   New York bureau chief Fred Weingold, in what he sees as a sure fire morale
booster, will now award a flamingo to the reporter or reporting team that
turns in the "Story of the Week," as determined by Weingold and his sidekick,
Brian Rooney.
(Must be a John Waters cult movie fan-type thing.  Did they run out of
polyester?--ed.)
(...)
   "I have a really big scoop for you ... We're bringing 'uncrustables' back
to the food court."
   What's an "uncrustable"?
   "It's a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust cut off."
   Wonder if these techniques will be copied at City Hall?

(There are over 400 "uncrustable" Google hits, so it should be recorded.  Did
it start in Georgia?...Isn't Mike Bloomberg a member of the "upper crust"?
Hey, Quinion, I'll bet you don't know where "the upper crust" comes from!
Why, I read this web site, so it has to be true...--ed.)