"Another One Bites the Dust"

FRITZ JUENGLING juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US
Tue Mar 18 19:44:55 UTC 2003

It sounds to me as if you have two different, not mututally exclusive, questions.  My answer to both is 'yes.'  I certainly knew and used the phrase long before queen's song, but hear it at many HS sporting events whereas I did not before.
fritz

>>> fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU 03/17/03 06:42PM >>>
Can anyone help me determine whether the phrase "another one bites the
dust" was popularized by the 1980 Queen song of that name, or whether it
predated the song?

Fred Shapiro