Request for information about Professor Otto Hietsch (retired from U of Regensburg)

Gerald Cohen gcohen at UMR.EDU
Wed Mar 19 04:02:14 UTC 2003

   Would anyone on this list know whether Otto Hietsch (formerly
Professor of British and American Studies at the University of
Regensburg, Germany) is still alive. He had been the editor-in-chief
of the monograph series _Forum Anglicum_, in which I published
various items, and he had always been wonderfully supportive of my
work. I haven't heard from him for over two years, which is very
disconcerting, and all efforts thus far to determine whether he is
still alive have failed.

    My hope is that someone on this list may know someone active in
Regensburg who might know of Professor Hietsch.  I would be very
grateful for any assistance in this matter.

Gerald Cohen
University of Missouri-Rolla