creative modifications of idiomatic expressions

Mark Worden mworden at WIZZARDS.NET
Fri Mar 21 20:26:15 UTC 2003

A woman's not always a woman but a good cigar is a horse of another feather.
--Walt Kelley (Pogo) [ It may have been -- A woman is always a woman // but
it's fractured from a Kipling line nd a proverb]

Many Goldwynisms seem to fit, straight from the lions mouth.
http://www.cinerhama.com/jewish/goldwyn.html
"This makes me sore, it gets my dandruff up."

Similar to Yogi Berra's (mostly institutionalised) malapropisms in his book:
When You Come to a Fork in the Road Take It! by Yogi Berra with Dave Kaplan
(Hyperion) viz:
"Ninety percent of the game is half mental"
 "You can observe a lot by watching"
 "Its déjà vu all over again"
 "A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore"
 "It ain't over 'til it's over."

Google sports malapriopisms and you'll get a ton of these.

Quark out
Lower Umpqua Addictive Conundrum Institute

;;;;;;;