New Word: customerfacing???

James Mullan mailinglist at JIMMYMULLAN.COM
Mon Mar 24 12:45:28 UTC 2003

Please see:
http://iccoventry.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0100localnews/page.cfm?objectid=12771556&method=full&siteid=50003
QUOTE
Last week civil servant Matthew Thompson who claimed sex discrimination
over being told to wear a collar and tie to work won his case.
So what do workers in Coventry think? We asked 23-year-old Mark Mahers and
25-year-old Nyasha Pitt what they thought.
Mark, of Boswell Drive, Walsgrave, is a database officer in marketing at
Coventry Building Society and Nyasha, of Chelveston Road, Coundon, is also
a marketing officer at the Coventry.
"I've never really thought about it but wearing a tie doesn't actually
bother me," said Mark. "It's certainly more professional and looks more
professional if you are wearing a tie but it depends what type of job
you've got. If you are not customerfacing I suppose it's a different story."
UNQUOTE

This is a new one on me, on the ADS Archive, and, on Google, 24 hits only.
Candidate for buzzword bingo, perhaps?
More seriously, has anyone on the list encountered this - apparent - new
"word" before, and where was this first encounter?
Jimmy
[snip]