Coinage of Musical Term "Heavy Metal"

Ed Keer edkeer at YAHOO.COM
Mon Mar 24 22:06:00 UTC 2003

That's interesting. I had laways heard (not from
reliable sources) that the term heavy metal was
related to the Le(a)d in Led Zeppelin. I remember John
Entwhistle saying that Led Zeppelin took their name
from a phrase describing a bad gig: "We went down like
a lead zeppelin."

soundsl ike the two are unrelated though.

Ed