NY Historical Society library closing this week

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Mar 26 23:34:38 UTC 2003

http://www.nyhistory.org/library.html

   The NY Historical Society Library is closing after this Friday, for
renovations.  The NYHS catalog is available through the NYU catalog, Bobcat
(www.nyu.edu/library/bobst).  I noticed that it has the William Coxe 1792
volume that was missing from Columbia University, so I'll visit the library
tomorrow, before it closes.
   The NYHS library has lots of menus, for example.  If anyone has a NYC
history query for me to research (maybe George Thompson), please tell me by
tomorrow morning.

NYHS PUBLICATION?:  I read in the NY SUN recently that the NYHS is starting a
new publication on NYC history.  I'd like to write up an authoritative "the
Big Apple" for its first issue.  I didn't find info on the NYHS web site, but
I'll ask tomorrow.  Maybe George knows about this?