Red Line

mw mworden at WIZZARDS.NET
Mon Mar 31 21:21:49 UTC 2003

Dict Amer Slang traces  verb use from red line WWII (To cross a soldier's name off
the payroll for some wrongdoing) through 1973 (denial of loans based on race), to
established use in the 1990s (achieve maximum speed, ie had the car redlined), and
computer use, a software program that does redlining, notes and commentaries.

thin red line may be a red herring in this instance

Quark out
Lower Umpqua Addictive Conundrum Institute
(no red tape here)