bling-bling in the OED

Drew Danielson andrew.danielson at CMU.EDU
Thu May 1 12:02:42 UTC 2003

more from the world of popular reports on lexicography:

Headline at http://www.fark.com/ Thu May 01, 2003:

[category tag - Asinine] Oxford English Dictionary officially adds
"bling-bling" to its entries

[links to] http://www.azcentral.com/ent/pop/articles/0426blingbling26.html

comments from the fark discussion board -
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=516124:

"This read like an Onion article."

"The great irony is people who use this term would never open a dictonary."

"I, for one, will not rest until the terms 'gangsta lean', 'pimp-juice',
and 'fo sheezy' make it in. /sarcasm"

and this pair:

"I'm already so tired of everything hip-hop I could puke."

"I think the word you're looking for is 'vomizzle'"