Julekake (1938)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Tue May 6 03:08:10 UTC 2003

   DARE has 1940 for "julekake" (Norwegian Christmas bread).  The CHICAGO TRIBUNE will probably do better.  Once again, the CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR comes through.

  Norwegians on Seven Seas Praise Grandmother Bredvik; Special to The Christian Science Monitor; Christian Science Monitor (1908-Current file), Boston, Mass.; Dec 23, 1938; pg. 3, 1 pgs
("The women from all our church groups...make the gifts, and the Julekake (Christmas cake the kind traditional in Norway) and then we have wondeful parties...")