Unsubscribe

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Tue May 6 17:01:45 UTC 2003

>    Well, yes, I am compiling a dictionary on American
> regional food.  I provide etymological information wherever
> possible, along with first citations.  There was no
> "etymological information" in the first citations of  "Jew
> bread" or "kosher pickle," or the early citations of "bakery."
>   Deleting the messages takes maybe ten seconds.
>   I had proposed many years ago to essentially create an
> AMERICAN SPEECH online, with a "new words" registry and all,
> and a separate place for antedatings, but nothing happened or
> was considered.

It is also helpful to sort the incoming ADS-L messages into their own
folder. (You can set your email reader to do that automatically.) That way
they don't get mixed in with your other email messages and you can look at
the ADS-L messages at your convenience. (You could even sort the ones from
Barry into their own folder.)

I delete most of Barry's messages unread, but I'm glad he posts them. While
I am not especially interested in food terms, it is nice to have the
citations that Barry has found in the ADS-L archive when a question arises.