list contents

Scott Sadowsky lists at SPANISHTRANSLATOR.ORG
Thu May 8 03:32:59 UTC 2003

On 2003-05-07 20:25, Dave Wilton wrote the following:

>Besides last time I checked, ADS is "dedicated to the study of the English
>language in North America, and of other languages, or dialects of other
>languages, influencing it or influenced by it." It is not limited to
>"phonological, grammatical, and stylistic/registral variation." ADS-L
>should be open to posts on any subject pertaining to the ADS charter.

Perhaps the key here is "study".

Let's hope no one decides the list should become a repository for an
endless stream of sightings of phenomena related to "phonological,
grammatical, and stylistic/registral variation" either.

Cheers,
Scott "5 May 2001 / 16:43 EST / Athens, Georgia / Corner of Main and Oak
St.: Heard speaker use a dental [t].  Speaker was white, 40-45, female,
middle-class-looking, wearing red shorts and a white blouse and speaking on
a Motorola cell phone to an unknown party, walking at apprx. 1.2 mph in a
N-NE direction" Sadowsky