Slow and not too bright

Peter Richardson prichard at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue May 13 16:00:55 UTC 2003

I've tried a similar experiment for some years here, but with virtually no
success. A class decides to resurrect one word, e.g. pismire, for
introduction into campus-speak. The students agree to drop it casually in
various conversations, never calling overt attention to it ("Hey--did you
guys hear the neat new word??"). By the end of the term we see how it's
gone. And it's always been a grand failure. I'll be happy to receive
advice about how to do this less unsuccessfully, perhaps from Page.

Peter Richardson