Slow and not too bright

Joyce, Thomas F. TJoyce at BELLBOYD.COM
Wed May 14 17:40:28 UTC 2003

I'm surprised at the lack of chatter on the following story (1st paragraph from the Washington Post):

"Toni Morrison's genius enables her to create novels that arise from and express the injustices African Americans have endured." Is there something grammatically wrong with this sentence? http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A51947-2003May13.html

To me this story illustrates how language changes:  what was once thought to be a grammatical rule is no longer perceived as such.

Tom Joyce

confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If you are not the
intended recipient, any further disclosure or use, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this message or any attachment is strictly
prohibited.  If you think that you have received this e-mail message in
error, please delete it and notify the sender.