PSAT Glitch (fwd)

sagehen sagehen at WESTELCOM.COM
Thu May 15 17:23:27 UTC 2003

Would it were the last!...but I can't forbear to react to  " 'Genius,' the noun
closest to the pronoun, strives to usurp the role of antecedent, as all
nouns so placed do"  in the first quoted para.  "Genius" can't present a
plausible antecedent  for "her" in this sentence.  It would have to be
"herself" to do that.
A. Murie
~+~+~+~+~