Montreal Seasonings--from Delaware (1991, 1994)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon May 26 08:52:08 UTC 2003

   I was browsing through Rec.Food.Cooking and found this.  Montreal
seasonings are "all the rage" in the U.S.?  Trademarks follow.  I think the company
just wanted to start a brand like "K. C. Barbecue" and made this regionalism up
a bit.
   Anyway, something for the ADS-L Canada folks.
   Let's see, there are Texas Weiners from New Jersey, there's Texas Toast
from Ohio, there are New York System hot dogs from Rhode Island, .there's Lady
Baltimore Cake from Charleston...

(GOOGLE GROUPS)
From: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=author:dimitri_c%40prodigy.net+">Dimitri</A> (<A HREF="mailto:dimitri_c%40prodigy.net">dimitri_c at prodigy.net</A>)
Subject: Re: "Montreal" steak seasoning
Newsgroups: <A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=rec.food.cooking">rec.food.cooking</A>
Date: 2003-05-22 08:25:03 PST

"pjw" <pwolsko at optonline.net> wrote in message<A HREF="http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=ghQya.23664%24OB5.9083754%40news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net">
news:ghQya.23664$OB5.9083754 at news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net</A>...> What with this stuff?  What's so "Montreal" about
it?  I've been in> Montreal, and I've never run into a restaurant where this is
the rage, but> it sure seem the rage here in the USA.  It seems just to be
salt, pepper and> other spices that most of us use anyway.>> Paul

Just in case you have not looked at the company website here is what they say
about their product :Dimitri

History & Geography:In the finest restaurants, in quaint alley bistros, in
the nooks and crannies of a place called Old Montreal, steaks are served thick,
rare, andbursting with bold, savory flavor. McCormick's Montreal Steak
Seasoning is a robust tribute to the rousing blend of flavors that made Montreal
steak worth traveling for..Nutritionally Speaking:This is the blend of gourmet
spices and peppers that will add a zestydimension to all your steak and beef
dishes..
Facts & Folklore:Montreal Steak Seasoning will season steak to the
specifications of even themost demanding connoisseur, but it's also the perfect
seasoning to be rubbedor shaken onto pork chops, hamburgers- even vegetables- before
grilling or broiling. Use I to give marinades a zesty edge, and shake it into
soups,sauces, and dressings. Add savory flavor to salad croutons, or shake on
to baked, mashed, or fried potatoes. Sprinkle it into tomato juice. Add it to
fish or poultry coatings. Montreal Steak Seasoning is the flavor sensation that
brings out the savory best in all your foods..

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark   MONTREAL CHICKEN SEASONING
Goods and Services  IC 030. US 046. G & S: seasonings and seasoning blends.
FIRST USE: 19941200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19941200
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   75353400
Filing Date September 8, 1997
Supplemental Register Date  March 25, 1998
Registration Number 2168729
Registration Date   June 23, 1998
Owner   (REGISTRANT) McCORMICK DELAWARE, INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1105 N.
MARKET STREET SUITE 1326 WILMINGTON DELAWARE 19801
Attorney of Record  JUDITH SAPP
Disclaimer  NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "CHICKEN
SEASONING" APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    SUPPLEMENTAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE

Word Mark    MONTREAL STEAK SEASONING
Goods and Services  IC 030. US 046. G & S: seasonings and seasoning blends.
FIRST USE: 19910200. FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19910200
Mark Drawing Code   (1) TYPED DRAWING
Serial Number   75283737
Filing Date April 29, 1997
Published for Opposition    July 7, 1998
Registration Number 2192006
Registration Date   September 29, 1998
Owner   (REGISTRANT) McCORMICK DELAWARE, INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 1105 N.
MARKET STREET SUITE 1326 WILMINGTON DELAWARE 19801
Attorney of Record  JUDITH SAPP
Disclaimer  NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE "STEAK SEASONING"
APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN
Type of Mark    TRADEMARK
Register    PRINCIPAL-2(F)
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE