writer needed: language in New England history

Mark A. Mandel mamandel at UNAGI.CIS.UPENN.EDU
Thu Nov 6 14:45:16 UTC 2003

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2003 00:42:36 -0500
From: Elka Tovah Davidoff <etm at world.std.com>
To: mamandel at ldc.upenn.edu
Subject: unusual question

Hello! This is a bit of an unusual question, but I thought you might be
able to offer some advice. Solomon is editing a book on New England Culture
(part of a series on regional cultures for Greenwood), and one of his
section authors has turned out to be unreliable. So he's trying to find a
replacement. I thought perhaps you might know somebody relevant? He's
looking for someone to write 15,000 words on Language as it appears in New
England history. The author gets a few hundred dollars and the opportunity
to appear in a major academic publication. :-) Could even be a grad student
if they're qualified. Unfortunately time is short b/c it only became clear
recently that the original author wasn't going to deliver. As I said, I
know it's a slight chance but I thought it couldn't hurt to ask... might
you be interested, or know anyone who would be?

If not, well, it's still a chance to say Hello. :-) Thanks for any help you
can offer, hope all is well on your side of the keyboard!

- Elka