toponymic query

Geoffrey Nunberg nunberg at CSLI.STANFORD.EDU
Wed Nov 12 19:58:31 UTC 2003

I had the following query from a "Fresh Air" listener; can anyone
help this correspondent? I very much doubt if the word he's looking
for exists, but then I'm a stranger to the far reaches of toponymic
terminology.

Geoff Nunberg