Chinese Sauce & Big Up

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Nov 16 23:43:26 UTC 2003

   Greetings from Suriname.

CHINESE SAUCE, or CHINESE BLACKSAUCE--Soy sauce.  However, most of the bottles in the supermarket--and Chinese restaurants are all Guyana and Suriname--used these names instead.  OED?

BIG UP--Not heard much in the United States, but a sign here reads:  "Words Have Power/ Give Respect!  Get Respect!/ Big Up People Living WIth HIV/AIDS."

CHOC-NUT--A Nestle product to make a drinkable Reese's by adding peanut butter to chocolate milk.  Sort of works.  Haven't seen it in the States.  (For the peanut fan out there.)

CREOLE--Three women (Sherry, Dhetty, and Sharmain--they want me to mention their names) gave me some Guyanese Creole.
   FWIW:

1.  ME NAA SEE
   I'm not seeing.

2. ABE A TEK WAN DRINK.
   We are having a drink.

3.  ME NAA KNOW.
   I don't know.

4.  WA MOE.
   What next.

5.  LE ABE GO NAW NA BUY.
   Let's go now boy.

6.  CARRIE YA SKUNT.
   Move your cunt.
(I don't know.  I just ask for a few phrases and they all come up with this!  Must be the reason for the "War on Bad Manners"--ed.)

7.  CARRIE YA RASS.
   Move your ass.

8.  WHA YA DO.
   How do you do? or What's up?