Request: Best Ideas Column

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Mon Nov 24 19:54:38 UTC 2003

Quoting "Kathleen E. Miller" <millerk at NYTIMES.COM>:

> Hello All,
>
> The editors at 43rd street are harping Safire to write to theme for the
> next deadline. It is the annual best ideas column outlining the best
> inventions of 2003. So we're looking for words - new and useful - that were
> coined etc. this year to write a little piece "to theme." Any ideas?
>

> Kathleen E. Miller
> Research Assistant to William Safire
> The New York Times

It's tough to get ones coined in 2003. You generally don't notice new words
until they've been around for a while. "Taikonaut" is a good one, it's been
around since 2000 at least.

On my website, someone suggested "ubritquitous", meaning the quality of seeing
images of Britney Spears everywhere you look.

--
Dave Wilton
dave at wilton.net
http://www.wilton.net/dave.htm