No flies on ADS' response to "frog march"

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Mon Oct 6 02:14:49 UTC 2003

Not that I remember using the term, but when I was a cop (early 70s),
uncooperative prisoners were marched with hands behind them in handcuffs,
the controlling officer (one was usually adequate) restraining them by
holding the link between the handcuffs.  Cooperation was compelled by
lifting up and forward on the handcuffs.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas G. Wilson" <douglas at NB.NET>

I've read only a few descriptions of the "frog's march" ... but it seems to
me that the usually preferred approach (not called "frog's march") involved
a cooperative prisoner being escorted by police officers or equivalent,
each man walking on his own (with or without some form of restraint). The
frog's march was required only if the prisoner was combative or
unable/unwilling to walk ...