Puke Politics (from California, not Missouri)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 6 21:10:38 UTC 2003

   From California, of course.  No relation to Missouri ("the Puke State").
   It's made today's headlines.

(YAHOO NEWS)
L.A. Times Faces Anger for Schwarzenegger Coverage
Sun Oct 5, 1:02 PM ET
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - The Los Angeles Times has had about 1,000 readers
cancel subscriptions and been "flooded" with angry letters, calls and e-mail
protesting its coverage of Arnold Schwarzenegger's alleged sexual harassment of
women, it reported on Sunday.

The newspaper has detailed allegations by a total of 15 women in three
front-page stories since Thursday against Schwarzenegger, touching off a controversy
that has consumed the final days of Tuesday's recall election in which the
actor and former Mr. Universe remains the front-runner.

Schwarzenegger, a Republican, has apologized in a general way for his
behavior toward women, while denying the most recent allegations carried by the
newspaper in stories on Saturday and Sunday.

He has also accused the Los Angeles Times of working with embattled incumbent
Gov. Gray Davis in a concerted campaign of "puke politics" aimed at derailing
his candidacy.
(...)

(GOOGLE GROUPS)