Contractions: gonna, wanna, tryinna

Mai Kuha mkuha at BSU.EDU
Tue Oct 14 19:28:49 UTC 2003

Now that you mention it, this is what stood out to me about that instance of
"tryinna": it is separated from its infinitive by "I think more than
complain". ("Tryinna" does seem very normal to me too, but somehow I never
notice anyone saying it.)

Maybe it was "wanu", not with a schwa. The [u] threw me for such a loop that
I'm sure my perception and memory of the first vowel are entirely
unreliable.

-Mai