Craisins (1987); Stupidmarket

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Oct 20 01:48:44 UTC 2003

     A browse through rec.food.cooking produced these.
CRAISINS

   There are over 5,000 Google "craisins" hits.  It seems generic, but there's a trademark here.

(TRADEMARKS)
Word Mark
 CRAISINS
 Goods and Services
(CANCELLED) IC  029.  US 046.  G & S: SUGAR INFUSED DRIED CRANBERRIES.  FIRST USE: 19870615.  FIRST USE IN COMMERCE: 19870615
 Mark Drawing Code
(1) TYPED DRAWING
 Serial Number
73706282
 Filing Date
January 19, 1988
 Published for Opposition
 July 26, 1988
 Registration Number
1509407
 Registration Date
October 18, 1988
 Owner
(REGISTRANT) OCEAN SPRAY CRANBERRIES, INC. CORPORATION DELAWARE 225 WATER STREET PLYMOUTH MASSACHUSETTS 02360
 Attorney of Record
NEIL F. BRYSON
 Type of Mark
TRADEMARK
PRINCIPAL
 Live/Dead Indicator
DEAD
 Cancellation Date
April 24, 1995

STUPIDMARKET

   Since about 2000, one poster and then others to rec.food.cooking have been using "stupidmarket."  It sounds stupid to me.
   "Stupormarket" is much less frequent.
   I searched with the word "cooking" to avoid the Wall Streeters.

(GOOGLE GROUPS)