Three hots and a cot (1969)

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Tue Oct 21 03:13:09 UTC 2003

>For what it's worth, NO ancestry.com hits from 1959-69 on three/hots/cots.

The ancestry.com search engine leaves something to be desired. I believe
there are certain common words which just can't be searched for in certain
fields. The site doesn't tell you this (AFAIK): you just get no responses.
For example I get ZERO newspaper hits not only for "three/hots" but also
for "three/miles", "three/things", "three/points", "three/goals",
"three/years", "three/days", etc.

Another example: "[blank]/three" gives ZERO hits, "[blank]/"thine" about
64,000.

Another: about 37,000 hits for "yesterday/evening", ZERO for "this/evening".

The Valdez newspaper sometimes is an exception: perhaps it's treated
differently for some reason.

If SC or others know how to work around the glitches ... please fill me in!

-- Doug Wilson