Kangaroo Court (1852)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Oct 23 16:15:30 UTC 2003

   Tons of "face the music" in 1852, FWIW.

   18 June 1852, WEEKLY JOURNAL (Galveston, Texas), pg. 2, col. 1:
   The Brazos Delta in speaking of the irregularity of the mails says:
   We have had one regular mail in _succession_, within the last six weeks.  It is understood that Judge Foster will hold a Kangaroo Court, to try the Houston mail driver for contempt of Judge Kangaroo the first time he brings through a regular New Orleans mail."

(_Judge_ Kangaroo?  I thought he was a Captain--ed.)