So there really are differences between British and American English

Mon Oct 27 14:28:42 UTC 2003

Gerald,

Anatomical tool (as you so coyly refer to it) is very well-known on
this side of the Atlantic; perhaps we travel ( or have traveled) in
different circles. I would have to be convinced that Brit
tool-talkers have the edge.

I suspect that the difficulty in your citation is with the bareness
of the "tool" (if i may). "You're a tool of the (place your
unfavorite group here)" is, I bet, nonsnickerable on either side of
the pond. "You're a tool" would get as big a chuckle on either I
wager.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston