a small plea

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Fri Oct 31 21:34:03 UTC 2003

I wasn't going to get involved in this discussion, but here's an
observation FWIW.

It looks as if there are basically two lists here under one "roof"--one the
lexicographers and the other the linguists/dialectologists.  The two groups
seem to have fundamentally different interests, and cross-pollination seems
rare, with each group mainly ignoring or deleting the other group's
messages and sometimes getting grumbly about having to use the "delete" key
so often.  It feels somewhat heretical to say this, but what if the ADS had
two separate lists?  Anybody interested in both areas could subscribe to
both, but nobody would have to.

If this is a really dumb idea, please use the "delete" key.

Peter Mc.

--On Friday, October 31, 2003 2:53 PM -0500 Scott Sadowsky