Choad/Chode--origin?

Fri Sep 12 14:15:37 UTC 2003

Jesse,

No plausible vector?  Yogi Maharishi Mahesh, the
Beatles in India, transcendental meditation, Kama
Sutra, yoga, gurus, sitar music, etc. ... American and
European youth in the 60's had great interest in and
contact with the peoples and cultures of "Hindustan".

FWIW, in the 60's I was undoubtedly more sheltered
than many youth at that time, but I have never - then
or now (until this discusion) - heard or read the word
Choad/Chode:  use of this word just might not have
been very widespread.

=====