Daily Candy Lexicon #5

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Sep 24 16:33:18 UTC 2003

   It's lame.  "Keep It Simple, Stupid" is here.  That's only, what, about 40 years old?
   From yesterday's (22 September 2003) NEW YORK SUN.

http://www.dailycandy.com/article.jsp?ArticleId=20962&city=1

09.23.03
DailyCandy Lexicon V

In the proud tradition of swish, drailing, flossin', and mitin, we present the DailyCandy Lexicon V, wherein we take the illustrious English vocabulary and give it a little DailyCandy shake.

The bon mots of the moment are:

spenny:
Pricey; short for "expensive." (Sure I like that place, but it's kinda spenny.)

NUMP/NUWT:
Obnoxious party-invite acronyms, as in No Ugly Men, Please/No Ugly Women, Thanks.

e-mauling:
Stalking someone via e-mail.

guyatus:
A hiatus from guys. (Thanks, but no thanks. I'm kind of on guyatus.)

scum:
Self-Centered Urban Male. Know any?

fifty-footer:
Someone who looks really attractive from 50 feet away. Closer examination reveals ...

KISS:
Keep It Simple, Stupid.